• Rippling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ripple
• Ripple Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) a small wave on the surface of water or other liquids for which the driving force is not gravity, but surface tension.
- (v. t.) To remove the seeds from (the stalks of flax, etc.), by means of a ripple.
- (v.) An implement, with teeth like those of a comb, for removing the seeds and seed vessels from flax, broom corn, etc.
- (v. i.) To become fretted or dimpled on the surface, as water when agitated or running over a rough bottom; to be covered with small waves or undulations, as a field of grain.
- (v. i.) To make a sound as of water running gently over a rough bottom, or the breaking of ripples on the shore.
- (v. t.) To fret or dimple, as the surface of running water; to cover with small waves or undulations; as, the breeze rippled the lake.
- (v. t.) Hence, to scratch or tear.
- (n.) A little wave or undulation; a sound such as is made by little waves; as, a ripple of laughter.
- (n.) the residual AC component in the DC current output from a rectifier, expressed as a percentage of the steady component of the current.
- (n.) The fretting or dimpling of the surface, as of running water; little curling waves.
• Ripplingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a rippling manner.