• Rivaling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rival
• Rival Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To stand in competition with; to strive to gain some object in opposition to; as, to rival one in love.
- (v. t.) To strive to equal or exel; to emulate.
- (a.) Having the same pretensions or claims; standing in competition for superiority; as, rival lovers; rival claims or pretensions.
- (v. i.) To be in rivalry.
- (n.) A person having a common right or privilege with another; a partner.
- (n.) One who is in pursuit of the same object as another; one striving to reach or obtain something which another is attempting to obtain, and which one only can posses; a competitor; as, rivals in love; rivals for a crown.