• Riveted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rivet
• Rivet Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To fasten with a rivet, or with rivets; as, to rivet two pieces of iron.
- (n.) A metallic pin with a head, used for uniting two plates or pieces of material together, by passing it through them and then beating or pressing down the point so that it shall spread out and form a second head; a pin or bolt headed or clinched at both ends.
- (v. t.) To spread out the end or point of, as of a metallic pin, rod, or bolt, by beating or pressing, so as to form a sort of head.
- (v. t.) Hence, to fasten firmly; to make firm, strong, or immovable; as, to rivet friendship or affection.