• Roach Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cockroach.
- (n.) A convex curve or arch cut in the edge of a sail to prevent chafing, or to secure a better fit.
- (n.) A European fresh-water fish of the Carp family (Leuciscus rutilus). It is silver-white, with a greenish back.
- (v. t.) To cut off, as a horses mane, so that the part left shall stand upright.
- (n.) The redfin, or shiner.
- (v. t.) To cause to arch.
- (n.) An American chub (Semotilus bullaris); the fallfish.
• Roach-backed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a back like that of roach; -- said of a horse whose back a convex instead of a concave curve.