• Rod Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument for measuring.
- (n.) A support for a fishing line; a fish pole.
- (n.) A measure of length containing sixteen and a half feet; -- called also perch, and pole.
- (n.) A kind of sceptor, or badge of office; hence, figuratively, power; authority; tyranny; oppression.
- () A member used in tension, as for sustaining a suspended weight, or in tension and compression, as for transmitting reciprocating motion, etc.; a connecting bar.
- (n.) A straight and slender stick; a wand; hence, any slender bar, as of wood or metal (applied to various purposes).
- (n.) An instrument of punishment or correction; figuratively, chastisement.
• Rodsmen Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Rodsman
• Rodentia Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) An order of mammals having two (rarely four) large incisor teeth in each jaw, distant from the molar teeth. The rats, squirrels, rabbits, marmots, and beavers belong to this order.
• Rodeo Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A round-up. See Round-up.