• Rose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To perfume, as with roses.
- (n.) A rose window. See Rose window, below.
- (n.) The card of the mariners compass; also, a circular card with radiating lines, used in other instruments.
- (n.) The erysipelas.
- (v. t.) To render rose-colored; to redden; to flush.
- (imp.) of Rise
- (n.) A diamond. See Rose diamond, below.
- () imp. of Rise.
- (n.) A knot of ribbon formed like a rose; a rose knot; a rosette, esp. one worn on a shoe.
- (n.) A flower and shrub of any species of the genus Rosa, of which there are many species, mostly found in the morthern hemispere
- (n.) The color of a rose; rose-red; pink.
- (n.) A perforated nozzle, as of a pipe, spout, etc., for delivering water in fine jets; a rosehead; also, a strainer at the foot of a pump.
• Rose-pink Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a pink color like that of the rose, or like the pigment called rose pink. See Rose pink, under Rose.
- (a.) Disposed to clothe everything with roseate hues; hence, sentimental.
• Roseworm Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The larva of any one of several species of lepidopterous insects which feed upon the leaves, buds, or blossoms of the rose, especially Cacaecia rosaceana, which rolls up the leaves for a nest, and devours both the leaves and buds.