• Rose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To perfume, as with roses.
- (n.) A rose window. See Rose window, below.
- (n.) The card of the mariners compass; also, a circular card with radiating lines, used in other instruments.
- (n.) The erysipelas.
- (v. t.) To render rose-colored; to redden; to flush.
- (imp.) of Rise
- (n.) A diamond. See Rose diamond, below.
- () imp. of Rise.
- (n.) A knot of ribbon formed like a rose; a rose knot; a rosette, esp. one worn on a shoe.
- (n.) A flower and shrub of any species of the genus Rosa, of which there are many species, mostly found in the morthern hemispere
- (n.) The color of a rose; rose-red; pink.
- (n.) A perforated nozzle, as of a pipe, spout, etc., for delivering water in fine jets; a rosehead; also, a strainer at the foot of a pump.
• Rose water Definition & Synonyms
- () Water tinctured with roses by distillation.