• Roundel Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A circular spot; a sharge in the form of a small circle.
- (a.) A rondelay.
- (a.) Anything having a round form; a round figure; a circle.
- (a.) A bastion of a circular form.
- (a.) A small circular shield, sometimes not more than a foot in diameter, used by soldiers in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
• Roundelay Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tune in which a simple strain is often repeated; a simple rural strain which is short and lively.
- (n.) A dance in a circle.
- (n.) See Rondeau, and Rondel.
- (n.) Anything having a round form; a roundel.