• Rowed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Row
- (a.) Formed into a row, or rows; having a row, or rows; as, a twelve-rowed ear of corn.
• Row Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A series of persons or things arranged in a continued line; a line; a rank; a file; as, a row of trees; a row of houses or columns.
- (n.) The act of rowing; excursion in a rowboat.
- (v. i.) To use the oar; as, to row well.
- (v. i.) To be moved by oars; as, the boat rows easily.
- (v. t.) To transport in a boat propelled with oars; as, to row the captain ashore in his barge.
- (a. & adv.) Rough; stern; angry.
- (v. t.) To propel with oars, as a boat or vessel, along the surface of water; as, to row a boat.
- (n.) A noisy, turbulent quarrel or disturbance; a brawl.