• Royal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A royal spade.
- (a.) Noble; generous; magnificent; princely.
- (a.) Kingly; pertaining to the crown or the sovereign; suitable for a king or queen; regal; as, royal power or prerogative; royal domains; the royal family; royal state.
- (n.) Printing and writing papers of particular sizes. See under paper, n.
- (n.) One of the upper or distal branches of an antler, as the third and fourth tynes of the antlers of a stag.
- (n.) A small sail immediately above the topgallant sail.
- (n.) An old English coin. See Rial.
- (n.) A small mortar.
- (n.) One of the soldiers of the first regiment of foot of the British army, formerly called the Royals, and supposed to be the oldest regular corps in Europe; -- now called the Royal Scots.
- (a.) Under the patronage of royality; holding a charter granted by the sovereign; as, the Royal Academy of Arts; the Royal Society.
• Royal spade Definition & Synonyms
- () A spade when spades are trumps under the condition that every trick over six taken by the successful bidder has a score value of 9; -- usually in pl.
• Royalism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) the principles or conduct of royalists.