• Rug Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To pull roughly or hastily; to plunder; to spoil; to tear.
- (a.) A piece of thick, nappy fabric, commonly made of wool, -- used for various purposes, as for covering and ornamenting part of a bare floor, for hanging in a doorway as a potiere, for protecting a portion of carpet, for a wrap to protect the legs from cold, etc.
- (a.) A rough, woolly, or shaggy dog.
- (a.) A kind of coarse, heavy frieze, formerly used for garments.
• Rug-headed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having shaggy hair; shock-headed.
• Rugine Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument for scraping the periosteum from bones; a raspatory.
- (v. t.) To scrape or rasp, as a bone; to scale.