• Rumble Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A noisy report; rumor.
- (n.) A rotating cask or box in which small articles are smoothed or polished by friction against each other.
- (v. t.) To cause to pass through a rumble, or shaking machine. See Rumble, n., 4.
- (v. i.) To murmur; to ripple.
- (v. i.) To make a low, heavy, continued sound; as, the thunder rumbles at a distance.
- (n.) A seat for servants, behind the body of a carriage.
- (n.) A low, heavy, continuous sound like that made by heavy wagons or the reverberation of thunder; a confused noise; as, the rumble of a railroad train.
• Rumbler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, rumbles.