• Rustle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make a quick succession of small sounds, like the rubbing or moving of silk cloth or dry leaves.
- (v. i.) To stir about energetically; to strive to succeed; to bustle about.
- (n.) A quick succession or confusion of small sounds, like those made by shaking leaves or straw, by rubbing silk, or the like; a rustling.
- (v. t.) To cause to rustle; as, the wind rustles the leaves.
• Rustler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, rustles.
- (n.) A bovine animal that can care for itself in any circumstances; also, an alert, energetic, driving person.