• Sacred Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Consecrated; dedicated; devoted; -- with to.
- (a.) Set apart by solemn religious ceremony; especially, in a good sense, made holy; set apart to religious use; consecrated; not profane or common; as, a sacred place; a sacred day; sacred service.
- (a.) Hence, not to be profaned or violated; inviolable.
- (a.) Designated or exalted by a divine sanction; possessing the highest title to obedience, honor, reverence, or veneration; entitled to extreme reverence; venerable.
- (a.) Relating to religion, or to the services of religion; not secular; religious; as, sacred history.
- (a.) Solemnly devoted, in a bad sense, as to evil, vengeance, curse, or the like; accursed; baleful.
• Sacre Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Saker.
- (v. t.) To consecrate; to make sacred.