• Saline Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A salt spring; a place where salt water is collected in the earth.
- (n.) A metallic salt; esp., a salt of potassium, sodium, lithium, or magnesium, used in medicine.
- (a.) Consisting of salt, or containing salt; as, saline particles; saline substances; a saline cathartic.
- (n.) A crude potash obtained from beet-root residues and other similar sources.
- (a.) Of the quality of salt; salty; as, a saline taste.
• Salineness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being salt; saltness.