• Salve Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To say "Salve" to; to greet; to salute.
- (n.) A soothing remedy or antidote.
- (v. t. & i.) To save, as a ship or goods, from the perils of the sea.
- (interj.) Hail!
- (n.) To heal; to remedy; to cure; to make good; to soothe, as with an ointment, especially by some device, trick, or quibble; to gloss over.
- (n.) An adhesive composition or substance to be applied to wounds or sores; a healing ointment.
- (n.) To heal by applications or medicaments; to cure by remedial treatment; to apply salve to; as, to salve a wound.
• Salver Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who salves, or uses salve as a remedy; hence, a quacksalver, or quack.
- (n.) A tray or waiter on which anything is presented.
- (n.) A salvor.
• Salved Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Salve