• Sam Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Together.
• Samian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the island of Samos.
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Samos.
• Samphire Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A seashore shrub (Borrichia arborescens) of the West Indies.
- (n.) The species of glasswort (Salicornia herbacea); -- called in England marsh samphire.
- (n.) A fleshy, suffrutescent, umbelliferous European plant (Crithmum maritimum). It grows among rocks and on cliffs along the seacoast, and is used for pickles.