• Sanctioned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sanction
• Sanction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Solemn or ceremonious ratification; an official act of a superior by which he ratifies and gives validity to the act of some other person or body; establishment or furtherance of anything by giving authority to it; confirmation; approbation.
- (n.) Anything done or said to enforce the will, law, or authority of another; as, legal sanctions.
- (v. t.) To give sanction to; to ratify; to confirm; to approve.