• Sashing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sash
• Sash Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; -- also called gate.
- (v. t.) To adorn with a sash or scarf.
- (n.) The framing in which the panes of glass are set in a glazed window or door, including the narrow bars between the panes.
- (n.) A scarf or band worn about the waist, over the shoulder, or otherwise; a belt; a girdle, -- worn by women and children as an ornament; also worn as a badge of distinction by military officers, members of societies, etc.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a sash or sashes; as, to sash a door or a window.