• Sat Definition & Synonyms
- () imp. of Sit.
- (p. p.) of Sit
- (imp.) of Sit
• Saturnian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Saturn, whose age or reign, from the mildness and wisdom of his government, is called the golden age.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of large handsome moths belonging to Saturnia and allied genera. The luna moth, polyphemus, and promethea, are examples. They belong to the Silkworn family, and some are raised for their silk. See Polyphemus.
- (a.) Hence: Resembling the golden age; distinguished for peacefulness, happiness, contentment.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the planet Saturn; as, the Saturnian year.
• Satin weave Definition & Synonyms
- () A style of weaving producing smooth-faced fabric in which the warp interlaces with the filling at points distributed over the surface.