• Satisfy Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To give satisfaction; to afford gratification; to leave nothing to be desired.
- (a.) In general, to fill up the measure of a want of (a person or a thing); hence, to grafity fully the desire of; to make content; to supply to the full, or so far as to give contentment with what is wished for.
- (a.) To answer or discharge, as a claim, debt, legal demand, or the like; to give compensation for; to pay off; to requite; as, to satisfy a claim or an execution.
- (v. i.) To make payment or atonement; to atone.
- (a.) To pay to the extent of claims or deserts; to give what is due to; as, to satisfy a creditor.
- (a.) To free from doubt, suspense, or uncertainty; to give assurance to; to set at rest the mind of; to convince; as, to satisfy ones self by inquiry.
• Satisfying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Satisfy