• Saturate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to become completely penetrated, impregnated, or soaked; to fill fully; to sate.
- (v. t.) To satisfy the affinity of; to cause to become inert by chemical combination with all that it can hold; as, to saturate phosphorus with chlorine.
- (p. a.) Filled to repletion; saturated; soaked.
• Saturated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Saturate
- (a.) Filled to repletion; holding by absorption, or in solution, all that is possible; as, saturated garments; a saturated solution of salt.
- (a.) Having its affinity satisfied; combined with all it can hold; -- said of certain atoms, radicals, or compounds; thus, methane is a saturated compound. Contrasted with unsaturated.