• Save Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The herb sage, or salvia.
- (a.) To keep from being spent or lost; to secure from waste or expenditure; to lay up; to reserve.
- (conj.) Except; unless.
- (a.) To hinder from doing, suffering, or happening; to obviate the necessity of; to prevent; to spare.
- (a.) To hold possession or use of; to escape loss of.
- (a.) Specifically, to deliver from sin and its penalty; to rescue from a state of condemnation and spiritual death, and bring into a state of spiritual life.
- (v. i.) To avoid unnecessary expense or expenditure; to prevent waste; to be economical.
- (a.) Except; excepting; not including; leaving out; deducting; reserving; saving.
- (a.) To make safe; to procure the safety of; to preserve from injury, destruction, or evil of any kind; to rescue from impending danger; as, to save a house from the flames.
- (a.) To rescue from something undesirable or hurtful; to prevent from doing something; to spare.
• Saveable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) See Savable.
• Saved Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Save