• Saving Definition & Synonyms
- (participle) With the exception of; except; excepting; also, without disrespect to.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Save
- (a.) Preserving; rescuing.
- (a.) Making reservation or exception; as, a saving clause.
- (n.) Something kept from being expended or lost; that which is saved or laid up; as, the savings of years of economy.
- (n.) Exception; reservation.
- (a.) Bringing back in returns or in receipts the sum expended; incurring no loss, though not gainful; as, a saving bargain; the ship has made a saving voyage.
- (a.) Avoiding unnecessary expense or waste; frugal; not lavish or wasteful; economical; as, a saving cook.
• Save Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The herb sage, or salvia.
- (a.) To keep from being spent or lost; to secure from waste or expenditure; to lay up; to reserve.
- (conj.) Except; unless.
- (a.) To hinder from doing, suffering, or happening; to obviate the necessity of; to prevent; to spare.
- (a.) To hold possession or use of; to escape loss of.
- (a.) Specifically, to deliver from sin and its penalty; to rescue from a state of condemnation and spiritual death, and bring into a state of spiritual life.
- (v. i.) To avoid unnecessary expense or expenditure; to prevent waste; to be economical.
- (a.) Except; excepting; not including; leaving out; deducting; reserving; saving.
- (a.) To make safe; to procure the safety of; to preserve from injury, destruction, or evil of any kind; to rescue from impending danger; as, to save a house from the flames.
- (a.) To rescue from something undesirable or hurtful; to prevent from doing something; to spare.
• Savingness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Tendency to promote salvation.
- (n.) The quality of being saving; carefulness not to expend money uselessly; frugality; parsimony.
• Savingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) So as to be finally saved from eternal death.
- (adv.) In a saving manner; with frugality or parsimony.