• Scaffold Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To furnish or uphold with a scaffold.
- (n.) An accumulation of adherent, partly fused material forming a shelf, or dome-shaped obstruction, above the tuyeres in a blast furnace.
- (n.) A temporary structure of timber, boards, etc., for various purposes, as for supporting workmen and materials in building, for exhibiting a spectacle upon, for holding the spectators at a show, etc.
- (n.) Specifically, a stage or elevated platform for the execution of a criminal; as, to die on the scaffold.
• Scaffolding Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A scaffold; a supporting framework; as, the scaffolding of the body.
- (n.) Materials for building scaffolds.
• Scaffoldage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A scaffold.