• Scalding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scald
• Scald Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Scurvy; paltry; as, scald rhymers.
- (n.) Scurf on the head. See Scall.
- (n.) One of the ancient Scandinavian poets and historiographers; a reciter and singer of heroic poems, eulogies, etc., among the Norsemen; more rarely, a bard of any of the ancient Teutonic tribes.
- (a.) Affected with the scab; scabby.
- (n.) A burn, or injury to the skin or flesh, by some hot liquid, or by steam.
- (v. t.) To burn with hot liquid or steam; to pain or injure by contact with, or immersion in, any hot fluid; as, to scald the hand.
- (v. t.) To expose to a boiling or violent heat over a fire, or in hot water or other liquor; as, to scald milk or meat.