• Scatter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To strew about; to sprinkle around; to throw down loosely; to deposit or place here and there, esp. in an open or sparse order.
- (v. t.) To cause to separate in different directions; to reduce from a close or compact to a loose or broken order; to dissipate; to disperse.
- (v. t.) Hence, to frustrate, disappoint, and overthrow; as, to scatter hopes, plans, or the like.
- (v. i.) To be dispersed or dissipated; to disperse or separate; as, clouds scatter after a storm.
• Scatterling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who has no fixed habitation or residence; a vagabond.
• Scattergood Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who wastes; a spendthrift.