• Scattering Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act of strewing about; something scattered.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scatter
- (a.) Going or falling in various directions; not united or aggregated; divided among many; as, scattering votes.
• Scatter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To strew about; to sprinkle around; to throw down loosely; to deposit or place here and there, esp. in an open or sparse order.
- (v. t.) To cause to separate in different directions; to reduce from a close or compact to a loose or broken order; to dissipate; to disperse.
- (v. t.) Hence, to frustrate, disappoint, and overthrow; as, to scatter hopes, plans, or the like.
- (v. i.) To be dispersed or dissipated; to disperse or separate; as, clouds scatter after a storm.
• Scatteringly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a scattering manner; dispersedly.