• Scavenging Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act or process of expelling the exhaust gases from the cylinder by some special means, as, in many four-cycle engines, by utilizing the momentum of the exhaust gases in a long exhaust pipe.
• Scavenge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To remove (burned gases) from the cylinder after a working stroke.
- (v. i.) To remove the burned gases from the cylinder after a working stroke; as, this engine does not scavenge well.
- (v. t.) To cleanse, as streets, from filth.