• Scholar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who attends a school; one who learns of a teacher; one under the tuition of a preceptor; a pupil; a disciple; a learner; a student.
- (n.) One engaged in the pursuits of learning; a learned person; one versed in any branch, or in many branches, of knowledge; a person of high literary or scientific attainments; a savant.
- (n.) In English universities, an undergraduate who belongs to the foundation of a college, and receives support in part from its revenues.
- (n.) A man of books.
• Scholarlike Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Scholarly.