• Scholastic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who adheres to the method or subtilties of the schools.
- (a.) Hence, characterized by excessive subtilty, or needlessly minute subdivisions; pedantic; formal.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the schoolmen and divines of the Middle Ages (see Schoolman); as, scholastic divinity or theology; scholastic philosophy.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or suiting, a scholar, a school, or schools; scholarlike; as, scholastic manners or pride; scholastic learning.
- (n.) See the Note under Jesuit.
• Scholastical Definition & Synonyms
- (a. & n.) Scholastic.