• Scold Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To chide with rudeness and clamor; to rate; also, to rebuke or reprove with severity.
- (n.) One who scolds, or makes a practice of scolding; esp., a rude, clamorous woman; a shrew.
- (n.) A scolding; a brawl.
- (v. i.) To find fault or rail with rude clamor; to brawl; to utter harsh, rude, boisterous rebuke; to chide sharply or coarsely; -- often with at; as, to scold at a servant.
• Scolder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who scolds.
- (n.) The old squaw.
- (n.) The oyster catcher; -- so called from its shrill cries.
• Scoldingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a scolding manner.