• Scotching Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Dressing stone with a pick or pointed instrument.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scotch
• Scotch Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut superficially; to wound; to score.
- (n.) The dialect or dialects of English spoken by the people of Scotland.
- (v. t.) To shoulder up; to prop or block with a wedge, chock, etc., as a wheel, to prevent its rolling or slipping.
- (n.) A slight cut or incision; a score.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Scotland, its language, or its inhabitants; Scottish.
- (n.) A chock, wedge, prop, or other support, to prevent slipping; as, a scotch for a wheel or a log on inclined ground.
- (n.) Collectively, the people of Scotland.