• Scourging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scourge
• Scourge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To punish with severity; to chastise; to afflict, as for sins or faults, and with the purpose of correction.
- (n.) Hence, a means of inflicting punishment, vengeance, or suffering; an infliction of affliction; a punishment.
- (n.) A lash; a strap or cord; especially, a lash used to inflict pain or punishment; an instrument of punishment or discipline; a whip.
- (n.) To whip severely; to lash.
- (n.) To harass or afflict severely.