• Scowling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scowl
• Scowl Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To wrinkle the brows, as in frowning or displeasure; to put on a frowning look; to look sour, sullen, severe, or angry.
- (n.) The wrinkling of the brows or face in frowing; the expression of displeasure, sullenness, or discontent in the countenance; an angry frown.
- (v. t.) To look at or repel with a scowl or a frown.
- (v. i.) Hence, to look gloomy, dark, or threatening; to lower.
- (v. t.) To express by a scowl; as, to scowl defiance.
- (n.) Hence, gloom; dark or threatening aspect.
• Scowlingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a scowling manner.