• Scramble Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To clamber with hands and knees; to scrabble; as, to scramble up a cliff; to scramble over the rocks.
- (n.) The act of scrambling, climbing on all fours, or clambering.
- (v. i.) To struggle eagerly with others for something thrown upon the ground; to go down upon all fours to seize something; to catch rudely at what is desired.
- (n.) The act of jostling and pushing for something desired; eager and unceremonious struggle for what is thrown or held out; as, a scramble for office.
- (v. t.) To collect by scrambling; as, to scramble up wealth.
- (v. t.) To prepare (eggs) as a dish for the table, by stirring the yolks and whites together while cooking.
• Scrambled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scramble