• Scrap Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Specifically, a fragment of something written or printed; a brief excerpt; an unconnected extract.
- (v. t.) Same as Scrap iron, below.
- (v. t.) The crisp substance that remains after drying out animal fat; as, pork scraps.
- (v. t.) Something scraped off; hence, a small piece; a bit; a fragment; a detached, incomplete portion.
• Scraper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who acquires avariciously and saves penuriously.
- (n.) An instrument drawn by oxen or horses, used for scraping up earth in making or repairing roads, digging cellars, canals etc.
- (n.) One who scrapes.
- (n.) An instrument by which the soles of shoes are cleaned from mud and the like, by drawing them across it.
- (n.) One who plays awkwardly on a violin.
- (n.) An instrument with which anything is scraped.
- (n.) In the printing press, a board, or blade, the edge of which is made to rub over the tympan sheet and thus produce the impression.
- (n.) An instrument having two or three sharp sides or edges, for cleaning the planks, masts, or decks of a ship.
• Scraped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scrape