• Scum Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) The extraneous matter or impurities which rise to the surface of liquids in boiling or fermentation, or which form on the surface by other means; also, the scoria of metals in a molten state; dross.
- (v. t.) To take the scum from; to clear off the impure matter from the surface of; to skim.
- (v. t.) To sweep or range over the surface of.
- (v. i.) To form a scum; to become covered with scum. Also used figuratively.
- (v.) refuse; recrement; anything vile or worthless.
• Scumber Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Dung.
- (v. i.) To void excrement.