• Searcher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, searhes or examines; a seeker; an inquirer; an examiner; a trier.
- (n.) Formerly, an officer in London appointed to examine the bodies of the dead, and report the cause of death.
- (n.) An implement for sampling butter; a butter trier.
- (n.) An instrument for examining the bore of a cannon, to detect cavities.
- (n.) An inspector of leather.
- (n.) An officer of the customs whose business it is to search ships, merchandise, luggage, etc.
- (n.) An instrument for feeling after calculi in the bladder, etc.