• Secession Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The withdrawal of a State from the national Union.
- (n.) The act of seceding; separation from fellowship or association with others, as in a religious or political organization; withdrawal.
• Secessionism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The doctrine or policy of secession; the tenets of secession; the tenets of secessionists.
• Secessionist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who holds to the belief that a State has the right to separate from the Union at its will.
- (n.) One who upholds secession.