• Sect Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cutting; a scion.
- (n.) Those following a particular leader or authority, or attached to a certain opinion; a company or set having a common belief or allegiance distinct from others; in religion, the believers in a particular creed, or upholders of a particular practice; especially, in modern times, a party dissenting from an established church; a denomination; in philosophy, the disciples of a particular master; a school; in society and the state, an order, rank, class, or party.
• Sectarianize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To imbue with sectarian feelings; to subject to the control of a sect.
• Sectionality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being sectional; sectionalism.