• Securities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Security
• Security Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Freedom from risk; safety.
- (n.) One who becomes surety for another, or engages himself for the performance of anothers obligation.
- (n.) Something given, deposited, or pledged, to make certain the fulfillment of an obligation, the performance of a contract, the payment of a debt, or the like; surety; pledge.
- (n.) That which secures or makes safe; protection; guard; defense.
- (n.) The condition or quality of being secure; secureness.
- (n.) Freedom from apprehension, anxiety, or care; confidence of power of safety; hence, assurance; certainty.
- (n.) Hence, carelessness; negligence; heedlessness.
- (n.) An evidence of debt or of property, as a bond, a certificate of stock, etc.; as, government securities.