• Seem Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To appear, or to appear to be; to have a show or semblance; to present an appearance; to look; to strike ones apprehension or fancy as being; to be taken as.
- (v. t.) To befit; to beseem.
• Seemliness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being seemly: comeliness; propriety.
• Seeming Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Apprehension; judgment.
- (n.) Appearance; show; semblance; fair appearance; speciousness.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Seem
- (a.) Having a semblance, whether with or without reality; apparent; specious; befitting; as, seeming friendship; seeming truth.