• Seg Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Sedge.
- (n.) A castrated bull.
- (n.) The gladen, and other species of Iris.
• Seguestration Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Disunion; disjunction.
- (n.) A prerogative process empowering certain commissioners to take and hold a defendants property and receive the rents and profits thereof, until he clears himself of a contempt or performs a decree of the court.
- (n.) The seizure of the property of an individual for the use of the state; particularly applied to the seizure, by a belligerent power, of debts due from its subjects to the enemy.
- (n.) A kind of execution for a rent, as in the case of a beneficed clerk, of the profits of a benefice, till he shall have satisfied some debt established by decree; the gathering up of the fruits of a benefice during a vacancy, for the use of the next incumbent; the disposing of the goods, by the ordinary, of one who is dead, whose estate no man will meddle with.
- (n.) The act of separating, or setting aside, a thing in controversy from the possession of both the parties that contend for it, to be delivered to the one adjudged entitled to it. It may be voluntary or involuntary.
- (n.) The state of being separated or set aside; separation; retirement; seclusion from society.
• Segmental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Relating to, or being, a segment.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the segments of animals; as, a segmental duct; segmental papillae.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the segmental organs.