• Send Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to go in any manner; to dispatch; to commission or direct to go; as, to send a messenger.
- (v. t.) To emit; to impel; to cast; to throw; to hurl; as, to send a ball, an arrow, or the like.
- (v. i.) To pitch; as, the ship sends forward so violently as to endanger her masts.
- (v. t.) To cause to be or to happen; to bestow; to inflict; to grant; -- sometimes followed by a dependent proposition.
- (v. t.) To give motion to; to cause to be borne or carried; to procure the going, transmission, or delivery of; as, to send a message.
- (v. i.) To dispatch an agent or messenger to convey a message, or to do an errand.
- (n.) The impulse of a wave by which a vessel is carried bodily.
• Sen Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Japanese coin, worth about one half of a cent.
- (adv., prep., & conj.) Since.
• Sending Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Send
• Sendal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A light thin stuff of silk.