• Sensible Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Perceiving or having perception, either by the senses or the mind; cognizant; perceiving so clearly as to be convinced; satisfied; persuaded.
- (a.) Hence: Liable to impression from without; easily affected; having nice perception or acute feeling; sensitive; also, readily moved or affected by natural agents; delicate; as, a sensible thermometer.
- (a.) Having moral perception; capable of being affected by moral good or evil.
- (n.) That which impresses itself on the sense; anything perceptible.
- (a.) Possessing or containing sense or reason; giftedwith, or characterized by, good or common sense; intelligent; wise.
- (a.) Capable of being perceived by the senses; apprehensible through the bodily organs; hence, also, perceptible to the mind; making an impression upon the sense, reason, or understanding; ////// heat; sensible resistance.
- (n.) That which has sensibility; a sensitive being.
- (a.) Having the capacity of receiving impressions from external objects; capable of perceiving by the instrumentality of the proper organs; liable to be affected physsically or mentally; impressible.
- (n.) Sensation; sensibility.
• Sensibleness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being sensible; sensibility; appreciation; capacity of perception; susceptibility.
- (n.) Intelligence; reasonableness; good sense.