• Sensual Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining or peculiar to the philosophical doctrine of sensualism.
- (a.) Hence, not spiritual or intellectual; carnal; fleshly; pertaining to, or consisting in, the gratification of the senses, or the indulgence of appetites; wordly.
- (a.) Pertaining to, consisting in, or affecting, the sense, or bodily organs of perception; relating to, or concerning, the body, in distinction from the spirit.
- (a.) Devoted to the pleasures of sense and appetite; luxurious; voluptuous; lewd; libidinous.
• Sensualism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The regarding of the gratification of the senses as the highest good.
- (n.) The condition or character of one who is sensual; subjection to sensual feelings and appetite; sensuality.
- (n.) The doctrine that all our ideas, or the operations of the understanding, not only originate in sensation, but are transformed sensations, copies or relics of sensations; sensationalism; sensism.