• Sentimental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Addressed or pleasing to the emotions only, usually to the weaker and the unregulated emotions.
- (a.) Inclined to sentiment; having an excess of sentiment or sensibility; indulging the sensibilities for their own sake; artificially or affectedly tender; -- often in a reproachful sense.
- (a.) Having, expressing, or containing a sentiment or sentiments; abounding with moral reflections; containing a moral reflection; didactic.
• Sentimentalize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To regard in a sentimental manner; as, to sentimentalize a subject.
- (v. i.) To think or act in a sentimental manner, or like a sentimentalist; to affect exquisite sensibility.
• Sentimentally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a sentimental manner.