• Sentimental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Addressed or pleasing to the emotions only, usually to the weaker and the unregulated emotions.
- (a.) Inclined to sentiment; having an excess of sentiment or sensibility; indulging the sensibilities for their own sake; artificially or affectedly tender; -- often in a reproachful sense.
- (a.) Having, expressing, or containing a sentiment or sentiments; abounding with moral reflections; containing a moral reflection; didactic.
• Sentimentalism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being sentimental; the character or behavior of a sentimentalist; sentimentality.