• Sentinel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Watch; guard.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a sentinel; to place under the guard of a sentinel or sentinels.
- (v. t.) To watch over like a sentinel.
- (n.) A marine crab (Podophthalmus vigil) native of the Indian Ocean, remarkable for the great length of its eyestalks; -- called also sentinel crab.
- (n.) One who watches or guards; specifically (Mil.), a soldier set to guard an army, camp, or other place, from surprise, to observe the approach of danger, and give notice of it; a sentry.
• Sentineled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sentinel
• Sentinelling Definition & Synonyms
- () of Sentinel