• Servile Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a servant or slave; befitting a servant or a slave; proceeding from dependence; hence, meanly submissive; slavish; mean; cringing; fawning; as, servile flattery; servile fear; servile obedience.
- (a.) Held in subjection; dependent; enslaved.
- (n.) An element which forms no part of the original root; -- opposed to radical.
- (a.) Not belonging to the original root; as, a servile letter.
- (a.) Not itself sounded, but serving to lengthen the preceeding vowel, as e in tune.
• Servilely Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a servile manner; slavishly.