• Sham Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make false pretenses; to deceive; to feign; to impose.
- (n.) A false front, or removable ornamental covering.
- (a.) False; counterfeit; pretended; feigned; unreal; as, a sham fight.
- (v. t.) To trick; to cheat; to deceive or delude with false pretenses.
- (v. t.) To obtrude by fraud or imposition.
- (n.) That which deceives expectation; any trick, fraud, or device that deludes and disappoint; a make-believe; delusion; imposture, humbug.
- (v. t.) To assume the manner and character of; to imitate; to ape; to feign.
• Shama Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A saxicoline singing bird (Kittacincla macroura) of India, noted for the sweetness and power of its song. In confinement it imitates the notes of other birds and various animals with accuracy. Its head, neck, back, breast, and tail are glossy black, the rump white, the under parts chestnut.